Five go to Kenya

Monday, August 28, 2006

some pictures of life in Nairobi



Well, I managed to leave the pictures from our holiday at the house, so thought I'd post some recent pictures of the kids (and one or two others) . Above a picture of Benjie hard at play in or front garden. A friend plays behind him.

To the left is an early-ish morning picture of Carys' actual birthday and her birthday muffins on Aug 20th.




And below Zebbie on my back at the elephant orphanage featured in the BBC's 'Elephant diaries', where we went on Saturday with the Lapworths and Eades.




By the way, Zebbie has now started walking as a way of going short distances.

We're well, Carys said last week that this now feels like home. She's gone for a sleepover with a friend tonight. Her friend is 30 miles away with her grandparents out in the countryside. Should be fun!

2 Comments:

At 7:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, the weekend away looks great. I'm glad the children are settling in and it feels like home for them a bit now. Has Carys started school now?

I hope Maiks recovered from the jelly fish sting. I'm not sure he's designed for windsurfing. Stick to the rugby Maik! How are the local supermarkets Rhi?

love ya
Sian

 
At 9:30 am, Blogger Maik and Rhi said...

Nice to hear from you all. Carys is now at school, and despite being nervous the first day quickly made friends. Benjie's struggling a bit with the nursery.

A sad lack of sproting activity this far: squash looks promising. And supermarkets... just fine. This is a civilised country: you can get sausage rolls, Branston pickle, Shreddies (sometimes) etc. I've never lives anywhere like that before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home