Five go to Kenya

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Stroking cheetahs


Today I (yes, just me, Maik) took 6 children to the animal orphanage here in Nairobi, where the kids were allowed to stroke the cheetahs (just after I'd told them to stay away). Carys is closest to the camera, her friends are from next door on campus.

And while I'm about it, I'll put some more photos from the last two months...

Last weekend we went to an exhibition of art in the forest: very nice, though with the forest being in Nairobi we were surrounded people carrying guns for our protection! Here's a picture of one of my favourites....















Here's Benjie after ice cream on a day trip to Naivasha.

And one of Carys with a friend almost disappering into the hippo-infested lake. And no, the bird isn't on her head.














And then a picture of the family at the elephant orphanage in Nairobi, and one of me in Paris giving a paper at a linguistics conference in August.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 pm, Blogger Sian said...

Hi Maik and Rhi,
that has to beat my stroking a hippos nose by being lowered over the enclosure wall at London Zoo. I hope that the 6 children in question still have their limbs.

I also loved your outfit for the convocation - not your colours tho Maik I think.

Good to see you're keeping busy, hope the hippos didn't hassle Carys and her friend. Did you take the bird home with you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home