Five go to Kenya

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Pictures from life here


Time for a few more piccies: thanks to Clare this time for upoading them. Feeding giraffes about 20 mins drive away: very nice, but watch out for Laura who will try to headbutt you if you don't keep those pellets coming!


And then Zebbie enjoying getting wet in the rain.

In other news, I had to buy a new computer (it was the motherboard), church was really good yesterday, it's getting warmer (summery afternoons, cool evenings), and life is really busy. Rhiannon has started 'mentoring' a group of students' wives, and I managed to convince my colleagues that I shouldn't become head of department in April!

Benjie (in his nursery shirt and jumper) with his best friend Hildebrand, who's 6. Many friends come to visit us, especially when toys are out... once we had 19, but I think Benjie and Carys felt crowded and had wandered off.
















And then several pictures of Carys at school, one with her teacher.





4 Comments:

At 9:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Lovely to catch up on your news (other than from Rachel!)and love the pics :) Praying for you all.

 
At 9:10 am, Blogger Maik and Rhi said...

Thanks Nalini! And we appreciate the prayers. We've now been here 2 months.

 
At 10:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really sorry not to catch you on Thursday Rhiannon. Hope you are feeling better. How did it go with your students on Friday Maik?

 
At 11:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, it's Pascale here. I have finally logged on and have just read every word of your blog! It is so great to be able to hear what's going on and to see the photos of Carys, Benjie and Zebedee looking so happy. Perhaps this would be better sent in an email, but as I don't have your email address to hand and don't know when I will next be on the computer, here goes... Firstly, I have been meaning to tell you what an impact your farewell service at Wycliffe had on a French family who were staying with us at the time. The mother of the family was particularly moved by your piece and it's true that there was a very unusual and special atmosphere that morning. They felt immediately welcome and at home and when your bit was over, she then wanted me to translate the whole sermon as well! She told me afterwards that it had been a 'temps fort'. Sescondly, I miss not having you living in our road! Marie really is turning into a happy little pixie, as Rhiannon used to call her(well spotted/predicted Rhiannon!). We think of you often, and especially at Marie's bathtimes which have been transformed since you gave us the wonderful wooden 'bath bridge'. We put the baby bath on top of it and sit either side of her - so much more comfortable and nice for all 3 of us to be on the same level. So thank you again. But the really great thing is that she's actually started splashing around and having fun, rather than seeing bath times purely as scratch times! Her skin is also mostly better than it was. We hope things have been going well at home,work,school and church in the couple of weeks since the last posting. Looking forward to seeing you in December.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home