no pics this time
Thought I'd a few thoughts down, without feeling I have to have some piccies ready. If you just like piccies, scroll down! Thanks for the comments Lauren, Ceri and Clare!
Well, yesterday we bought our tickets to come back to the UK for Rachel and Malcolm's wedding, with Christmas and New Year thrown in. Arrive Dec 13th at 5 in the morning (wonderfully fresh I'm sure!), leave Jan 4th in the morning. We'll be staying at Simon and Marion's, fortunately for them they won't be there the whole time. Indeed looking forward to curry etc, and being able to go out in the evening easily: oh, and seeing many of you as well!
So, I've been back at work this week: just as well, as it was the last week of teaching. Lots of catching up still to do, esp cos I'm still not quite up to a full day, still with coughing and general breathlessness. I've never been ill this long in my life: not that I'd say I'm ill now.
Well, I made it to church in the first time in 3 weeks today: prob the best sermon ever heard on the inspiration of the Bible. Just as if someone's speaking Japanese, you have to learn it, so you have to speak 'spiritual' to get what it's saying: otherwise it can just be nice and interesting words. There was a lot more to it than that, but I won't try to replicate it! Then to lunch with friends Andy and Katina (they were told to look out for us by friends they knew from Uganda who are now in India!), including a swim for the kids (blue lips and shivering afterwards), and on to tea with some colleagues here.
Nairobi is in the midst of a very wet season: mud abounds, and our car/van got stuck trying to get up our drive last night: two people needed to push as I churned up grass.
As for the kids, Benjie has declared he wants to become a watchman, opening gates for cars and so on, which he sometimes helps the guards here do. We haven't told the pay isn't that great! (35-40p an hour if you're lucky). I also found him the other day sitting next to a cowherd watching the cows with his own cowherd stick. Didn't have a camera.
Zebbie likes nothing better than sucking toothpaste off a toothbrush and attacking dogs with big cuddles and pokes. Carys likes being girlie and went to a 8th birthday party last night, returning with a 'Saskia's favourites' CD as part of the party bag.
Keep in touch!


1 Comments:
Okay, now I'm really intrigued. How did you manage to 'stumble across' my blog? We've moved down to Cornwall a couple of weeks ago, since Jim has got a job at the Eden Project. Bangor would have come to and end in Jan anyways, and though its only an 18 month contract it seemed better than the dole queue, for obvious reasons.
Jane has been down for the weekend and says hi, she hopes to catch up with you when you're in the UK next month. Take care,
Debbie
Post a Comment
<< Home